1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon

Discussion in 'Photography' started by virtualTune, Dec 2, 2012.

1. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    Hello forum,
    I wasn't very active lately and i want to appologize for that. I was quite busy working on a portfolio for an art school i applied to (on thursday).

I just recently bought a new camera and took some photos - love it!

Now I am not posting the pictures here for 2 main reasons.

1. The original resolution is 5184x3456 =D

2. This series in particular are photos of a dried frog. So to avoid offending anybody here, I will just give the link and leave it up to you. Now the frog is dead -DUH! but it has been dead for several weeks in a very dry, hot room which gave it an intersting texture. I hope you like it!

<a class="postlink" href="http://virtualtune.deviantart.com/gallery/40913168" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://virtualtune.deviantart.com/gallery/40913168</a>

CnC always welcome.

-vT

2. Cyrilshark

Cyrilshark Active Member

Student
    The color one is gorgeous, just a BIT too much depth blur. :)

3. virtualTune

Home Page:
    actually there is no additional blur at all. you see, before, with the old camera I had a lens with the msallest aperture of f4.5. Now I have a new 50mm with a max aperture of an amazing f1.8 . This basically means that the bokeh, or blurr, is going to me much more intense and the area of focus will only be (with a macro filter) a few mm. this is particularly great for portraits where you want the eyes to stand out but not worry about the background :)Like I said, this was taken a few hours after I got the lens/camera. on the next sunny day I will go out again with a smaller aperture, for a smoother depth of field. But on a cloudy day with little light, the great aperture allows me to shoot without a tripod. Since my tripod is quite heavy and bulky, I usually only use it for star or other night photography. Thx for the quick reply. Totally not used to that (;

4. Cyrilshark

Cyrilshark Active Member

Student
    I really need to learn all these photography terms ;D

5. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

Really good one there vT, it's definitely on a level with your best photos. Did you recolor the eye or was that blueish tone there from the very beginning?

6. virtualTune

Home Page:
    i kind of recoloured it. I downloaded the trial for Lightroom because i wanted to see how powerful it is. I didn't brush the blue in though, it was some weird colour adjustment.

7. Shyftcode

Shyftcode Member

Attempted graphic designing occupation.
    Home Page:
    I didn't care for the blur on the second one, too powerful. But other than that, a really nice image.