1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Painting: Mermaid

Discussion in 'Large Art' started by Beta0, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Beta0

Beta0 New Member

This work was done mostly on Gimp. The rest, underwater textures, bubbles and typography, were done with Paint.NET.

[​IMG]

I did another work, but I'm not sure if I could post it. Also, I don't know if this is the right place to post this topic; the image is 800x600 in pixels. :S

2. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    Wow. It took me a minute to know the details but it overwhelmed me instantly just seeing it from the start. There is this dreamy effect and it is good. I know that it is an angle from behind but are the bright pointed ones ears? Just wondering.

3. KiT

KiT Administrator Staff Member

@Beta0 you are always welcome to post more of your work here! Looks great btw. :)

4. Roma

Roma Moderator Staff Member

Home Page:
    Pretty cool! Feel free to post more of your works, this is definitely the right forum.

Personally I think this one doesn't need the "mermaid" text, it distracts a little. Also there is a grainy looking texture in the blue/turquoise parts that ' s a little too rough for the dreamy feel the rest conveys.

5. Elisa Cohen

Elisa Cohen New Member

I loved the variations displayed in all the pop art images posted here. I have also done some similar work on photos to convert them into pop art. Here are some examples of the pop art done.