1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting Contents in a PDF page

Discussion in 'General GIMP help' started by eager to learn, Sep 3, 2015.

1. eager to learn

eager to learn New Member

Hi,

I have a pdf file in which I wish to remove/cut/delete *some* but not all the contents in that page.

I chose Tools>Selection Tools>Rectangular and I used that tool to create a box around the unwanted content.

I then right-clicked within that rectangular box (selected to delete the contents) and in the drop-down menu chose Edit>Cut and it removed all the contents.

I then saved that page as its own PDF by choosing File>Export and chose pdf as the format and named this page its own name and it exported/saved just that page as its own file edited with the chosen contents removed.

**Issue - when I open that one page newly created/exported/saved pdf file in my pdf reader it displays both a horizontal line across the entire page directly under the end of my wanted content and also vertically down along the left side of the page.

Those lines do NOT appear when I open that pdf page in GIMP so I can’t use the selection tool to delete the lines out.

Thus, I need to figure out how to cut/delete/remove those horizontal and vertical lines left after GIMP removes the unwanted content.

TIA.