1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date Removal in Photos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eager to learn, Jan 24, 2014.

1. eager to learn

eager to learn New Member

Hi,

I was reading here ....
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-way-to-remove-timestamps-from-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-way-t ... om-photos/</a>

... that you can remove state stamps in a photo in GIMP by choosing the Rectangular Select Tool then Filter then Enhance then Heal Selection.

In my GIMP version 2.8.2 there is *no* Heal Selection.

If I choose Filter > Enhance the drop down menu lists several choices but Heal Selection is -not* one of them.

The author of that article does not share what Gimp version they are using which does have Heal Selection.

Would anyone have any suggestions about how to remove Date Stamp in a photo or if you have that Heal Selection option in your Gimp which version do you have?

Thank you!

2. eager to learn

Sorry that's Date stamps NOT state stamps.

3. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

Just a month late, hope you see this.
    What you missed in the article was this:
    So i suggest going back to the article, hitting ctrl+f and pasting in "Resynthesizer".
    Then you'll find a link which should take you to the plugin.
    Follow the steps in the tutorial and in no time you'll have the plugin and the option in the scripts menu.

Have a good one,
    ~Maffe

4. eager to learn

I had already installed the "Resynthesizer" and the Heal Selection appeared and worked for exactly one day. The next day when I opened GIMP and followed the same steps as the day before but the Heal Selection was gone. A friend had the same experience. There one day gone the next.