Concept for an Acer Netbook Campaign

Discussion in 'Large Art' started by virtualTune, Sep 13, 2012.

1. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home page:
    I am applying for an internship at a big advertisement company near my city. So they invited me for a talk (for 2 hours) and then the boss gave me an asignment. I had to make a poster and a banner and i just sent it to them. What do you guys think.

Disclaimer: The pictures i used were all from the net since i only had like 2.5 days so not all HQ :p Also it's in german. the text translates to sth along the lines of "Colourful Lightness"

-vT

Poster:
    [​IMG]

Banner:
    <a class="postlink" href="http://imgur.com/b27zf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://imgur.com/b27zf</a>
  2. virtualTune

Home page:
    thx for the great feedback! We might wanna change "The Gimp Community" to "The Gimp Community's Graveyard"
  3. RomaGrafix

RomaGrafix Moderator Staff Member

Home page:
    Ok ok, give us time, alright?
    I think the text rocks, perfect font(what' s it called btw.?), love the background too.
    The render of the woman is pretty poorly cut, don' t know if you' re intending it to be like that with your final product, but it looks really bad.
    I' m not a fan of the spinning effect on that laptop, as you can only really see that it' s a laptop in the red position, everything else is just too blurred and I don' t like the blunt tip and bottom of the whole effect. I' d make that more pointed too.
  4. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

I already told you what I think of it ;)
    But all in all, Roma sums it up quite fine. Nice font, nice text, bad rendering and bad spinning effect. I also like the acer overlay at the bottom.
  5. virtualTune

Home page:
    bad rendering- cuz i didnt have much time and didnt wanna put too much work into a lousy (?) pre-assignment.
    Bad spinning effect- worked and tweaked it for hours this is the closest i got. If you have a better idea, let me know.
    Overall he is looking for a sort of sketch so if this would be realized there would be a proper shoot and a professional doing the effect/rendering :p

The font is called: Arista 2.0 Light

Recently downloaded a pack with 1300 Fonts this was in it i think.