1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coding Request

Discussion in 'Requests' started by Shyftcode, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Shyftcode

Shyftcode Member

Attempted graphic designing occupation.
    Home Page:
    I was wondering if it was possible to create a plugin or what have you, that would allow the user to select multiple layers by holding down the CTRL key? You could then apply filters, change the opacity, and move the layers as a group, instead of having to apply filters one at a time. This would also work for deleting a bunch of layers you don't need.

Like I said, I don't know if its possible, but I thought Ofnuts could answer that question for me, or direct me in the direction of something that will do that for me (I used google and found nothing).

\\Tots,
    Mike

2. ofnuts

ofnuts Member

For the "transforms" (move/rotate/scale/etc...) you can already "chain" the layers in the layers list.

The layers groups that appeared in 2.8 may also help you move them en masse across the layer stack and adjust the opacity of the lot.

For the rest, it's a bit up to the filters to decide, when they are called over a chained layer, if it makes sense to also process the other chained layers, because that would be rather filter-dependent: it makes sense on distortion filters, but not on render ones.

3. David Wood

David Wood Moderator Staff Member

Freelance graphic designer and visual effects arti
    Home Page:
    Yeah, sadly no plugin could do this as you would have to code it into the source. But 2.8 gives you some more control over these things and hopefully 3.0 will have even more features.

4. Shyftcode

Shyftcode Member

Attempted graphic designing occupation.
    Home Page:
    Lovely. Thanks guys. I was just hoping for an all in one solution, yaknow? :)

5. Maffe811

Maffe811 The forum pet Staff Member

Correct me if im wrong on anything:

I could be wrong but i thought they added that with 2.8. I'm most likely wrong.

No i don't think that works.
    I usualy make a new layer from image with the layers i want filter-ised and then use the filter on that.
    If i want to change something i go back to the separate layers, change the things, new layer from image, and repeat the filter.

"as a group"... I thought you could group stuff now and do this in 2.8?
    Not sure if chaining them applies opacity but chaining stuff repeats the tool's effect on all the chained layers.

I personally hide all the layers, then un-hide the ones i want deleted.
    Merge visible, without deleting the invisible, and delete that one layer which now contains all the stuff you wanted deleted.