1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Captcha is too difficult to read

Discussion in 'Help with the forum and suggestions' started by Barbiegirl, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Barbiegirl

Barbiegirl New Member

Is it just me...? It is soooo difficult to read the captcha.
    Yes I can reload to another text word... but I have to waste time to reload so many times because most of them have several unreadable characters.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tinypic.com has a much more easily readable Captcha... every single time.
    And it still accomplishes the same thing... to prevent spammers.
    [​IMG]

2. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

The captcha also seems to be quite useless, as the spambots seem to get along fine with them ;)

We would love to update those things at the moment, but as we currently lack the access to the site code. There will hopefully be some improvements in overall site quality soon.

3. pwadm

pwadm Member

Barbiegirl - thanks for recommending the SolveMedia Captcha. I installed it for new registrations, and removed captcha altogether when creating new thread or posting.

If the spammers are stopped when registering, we should not have to solve captchas when posting.

4. Shyftcode

Shyftcode Member

Attempted graphic designing occupation.
    Home Page:
    Nice idea.
    Also, those appear to be the same capchas as used on 4chan, which are powered by google. They've had alot of complaints there as well that they're becoming too convoluted to read.