1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner's Section

Discussion in 'Help with the forum and suggestions' started by notyaP, Mar 8, 2010.

1. notyaP

notyaP Member

Home Page:
    We need a Beginner's Section. For newer members. Especially myself! I feel like some of the criticism I'm getting is wayy to advanced for anything I can do. Also, to attract newer members, the "Beginner's Section" could be filled with tuts on how to do simple things. Perhaps this should be added to the "Gimp Help Section".

2. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    good idea, but where the *#$%#$ is Gimper??!!

So for now, just tell the to check out my article about a good critique.

3. Cyrilshark

Cyrilshark Active Member

Student
    I'm putting together a list of tutorials, and they're categorized by beginner, intermediate, and advanced. Theres also one or two tutorials under "the elements of a tag" section that cover most all aspects.

I agree though, that would be cool.

4. gimpeRaven

gimpeRaven Member

a college student, a Gimper and a gamer
    Home Page:
    The three ranks of beginner, intermediate and advanced for turorials is well thought. Some may find some tutorials difficult and their questions sometimes appear to be common to anyone but that is, people learn new skills step by step and it is a great help if they and also us, will share it to those who haven't learned the basics yet. A Beginner's Section is a nice idea and to complete it how about adding additional ranks of Section? So that NEW things despite of being hard will be tried at the very least (then try it again). :wilber: