1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authentic?

Discussion in 'Photography' started by virtualTune, Jun 24, 2012.

1. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    Hey guys,
    I have this location where i need to shoot a sunset. Took me forever to find it and now that i have it, the weather hasn't been well the past days. All this rain and cloudy skies... So I figured while i am waiting for a clear sky, I will create a fake sunset. The road is the location where i need the real one to be, the sunset (sky) is 2 years old. I tried merging them as good as i could to create an authentic, realistic sunset or blue hour.
    CnC welcome!

-vT

[​IMG]

2. Arzoroc

Arzoroc Moderator Staff Member

Hmm .. I'd say 8.5/10. It already looks authentic, no doubt, but I'd like to see some minor fixes to make it perfect:

- The small pole on the left (I don't know the English name) has a bright sun reflection on the top half, even though the sun has not set yet. The one on the right is way darker and fits better in my opinion. The same goes for the green leaves (?) on the right side. The field on the left has the perfect colors in my opinion.
    - (just a personal one) I'd love to see some clouds on the sky, lit from below, to make the sky look more awesome and intensify the sunset feeling.

3. virtualTune

virtualTune Active Member

Home Page:
    adding clouds is quite a challenge, but the pole is an easy fix and i agree with you there. Thx for the reply.